creativity in chaos

this is the profundity of our lives: we are constantly trying to create order in the midst of our chaotic lives. for some reason we can't keep things from falling apart . . . and yet there is beauty in the attempt because we can join with others in the process. and when we do we discover that the beauty was never in the creation of order, but in the journey of learning to work together, love well and create within the chaos. in my opinion the greatest art explores the tensions of our lives, the community and the loneliness, the creativity and the mundane, the transcendence and the everyday.  i think some of this is captured in a music video my friend tony recommended. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very interesting & enlightening video & song. I would say a little depressing, though, esp. the verse of "The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."

While we live in this world of chaos & getting caught up in daily life too easily, it's so reassuring to know that there are people that appreciate every day of their life and are able to have fun & enjoy this beautiful gift of life God has given us! That's just my opinion, though.

I do agree with you that it is an incredible work of art. Thanks for sharing!!

Followers